Friday, May 05, 2006

stroke of velo valet luck



On this morning's La Grange recovery ride, a buncha riders peeled off to check out a launch party for the new REI store in Santa Monica. Didn't pay much attention.

Then later, found myself daydreaming about how nice it would be to be able to valet ones bike. I don't like leaving my road bike locked up, so when I commute via fuji, always have to ask if theres somewhere I can leave it:
"No, you can't bring your bike into a bar/restaurant/market, we can't take responsibility, its a liability, someone might trip over it" - blah blah blah.

On my way home, saw bike advocacy booths and bikes galore in front of REI, went to investigate, and was immediately greeted with, "would you like to valet your bike?"

On top of this amazing synchronicity, my claim ticket for valeted bike turned out to winning # for an REI store raffle, won this crazy bike tool - will have to learn about it.

And the main bike advocacy group, C.I.C.L.E. (Cyclists Inciting Change thru Live Exchange) is one I've had on my radar for some time, will learn more and post in the near future.

No comments: