Monday, April 23, 2007

Load haulin' mama


My mom, a weekend warrior, rides her Xtracycle once a week to the Sunday farmers market, loading up w/ organic goods for the week. I've written about her before, love her weekly routine.....

This week, she was interviewed coming into the city's bike valet area, and her quote ended up closing this article on the program,

"Mary Ann Cummins, 70, has equipped her bicycle with side bags large enough to hold her artichokes, greens, broccoli and fresh Gaviota strawberries. "My God, I forgot my eggs," she said, and hastily returned her bike to an attendant."

That sounds exactly right. The part about the eggs that is.

Article made me sad for Johnnie, whose personal bike/pet watcher service has taken a hit due to the program.....I think next time I'll leave my Xtra w/ him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw Johnnie with about half a dozen bikes last weekend!

Anna said...

Good to hear! Will look for him next market....

Anonymous said...

haha sweet!